- Länge von Wanderweg 42 km, 26 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 2 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Faro de Orchilla
- Ende von Wanderweg Tamaduste / Puerto de la Estaca
- Traildino Schwierigkeit MW, Mittelschwere Wanderung mit Rucksack
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T1, Wandern
GR131, Camino de la Virgen, Faro de Orchilla - Tamaduste / Puerto de la Estaca, 42 km, 2 days
This trail is on El Hierro, the smallest island of the Canary Islands. El Hierro rises sharply from the ocean. The trail starts on dark and bleak lava grounds, at the east coast of the island. It then climbs to the central spine of El Hierro from where you have great views over the ocean and on the collapsed land masses of the island.
The highest point is 1.500 meters, Pico de Malpaso. Shrubs grow here. Probably by now there will be a wind farm somewhere too. At the eastern end of the island, the trail passes through some villages, arid fields. It then gently descends right to the airport of Tamaduste or to Puerto de la Estaca, serviced by the ferries to the other islands.
The GR131 is part of the European long distance path E7.
Check the complete list of Canary Islands.
- Also available from:
- Cicerone Press , United Kingdom
- Walking on La Gomera and El Hierro
- The perfect guidebook for exploring La Gomera and El Hierro that consists of 45 day walks and treks for all abilities from rugged mountain treks to coastal walks. This wide selection of walks cover long distance trails such as Camino de la Virgen, GR 131 in La Gomera and some of GR132 across the Canary Islands. Plenty of variety for all to enjoy. Read more