- Name Mare e Monti Sud
- Länge von Wanderweg 45 km, 28 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 3 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Porticcio
- Ende von Wanderweg Propriano
- Traildino Schwierigkeit EW, Leichte Wanderung, Naturwanderweg
Mare e Monti Sud, Propriano - Porticio, 3 days
The village of Calenzana in the north of Corsica not only is the start of the famous GR20. Also the "Tra Mare e Monti" trail sets off in this village. This trail, as the name suggests, combines sea and mountains. The first two days the trail goes through forests and mountains. Stages three and four both finish at the seaside. Then the trail turns into the mountains again, passing villages at regular intervals.
The southern path, Mare e Monti Sud, can be used to connect two other trails: Mare a Mare Sud and Mare a Mare Centre. Begin and end of the trail are at seaside resorts and in between are the mountains.
Summers are hot and less convenient for this hike. Better choose this trail in spring or autumn.
- Corsica: Mountain Trails to the Sea
- Central Corsica to the west coast. The French Mediterranean island of Corsica has an incredibly untamed and magnificent mountainous interior. Immerse yourself in this rugged scenery before walking all the way to the exceedingly picturesque west coast through river gorges, past natural pools and lakes and to the Calanches de Piana. Even though... Read more