- Name Feengrotten-Kyffhäuserweg
- Länge von Wanderweg 230 km, 143 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 12 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Saalfeld
- Ende von Wanderweg Kyffhäuser memorial
- Traildino Schwierigkeit EW, Leichte Wanderung, Naturwanderweg
Feengrotten-Kyffhäuser-Weg, Saalfeld - Kyffhäuser memorial, 230 km, 12 days
This old walking trail, revived in recent times, connects the dripstone caves of Feengrotten with the hills of Kyffhäuser, crowned with a huge monument honouring Kaiser Wilhelm I. This is actually one of the largest monuments in Germany, and funny is that nearby you will find a half unearthed statue of tragic (hm) Paul von Hindenburg. Maybe too much history here. But this is only the end of the trail. Before getting there you have seen a good many forests, towns, rural communities, rivers and so on and so on. This path is very varied in that respect.