- Name Główny Szlak Beskidzki (GSB)
- Länge von Wanderweg 519 km, 322 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 30 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Ustroń
- Ende von Wanderweg Wołosate
- Traildino Schwierigkeit MW, Mittelschwere Wanderung mit Rucksack
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T1, Wandern
Beskids Trail, Główny Szlak Beskidzki
This is one of the best know paths in Poland, running through the delightful hills and mountains of the Beskids. The trail crosses the entire Beskids rage through Poland, starting near the Czech Republic and ending near the Ukraine border. The walk will take a month or so to complete.
The trail is well marked, with white-red-white bands. There are huts, hotels and villages. The trail is marked on maps. There is no guide, but instead there is a more than excellent Wiki page, describing the trail in all details (see the Links section). Print it out in both the Polish and the translated version, punch some staples through it, et voilá.
If you walk the E8, coming from Slovakia, you will cross the border at Dukliansky Priesmyk (Sk) / Barwinek (Pl). From here, a 20 km connecting trail (yellow markings) goes to Dukla. In Dukla, you will jump on the Beskids Trail and walk east to Ukraine for about 10 days.