- Name GR83 - Camí del Nord o del Canigó (GR83)
- Länge von Wanderweg 213 km, 132 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 11 Tage
- Traildino Schwierigkeit SW, Anspruchsvolle Wanderung, Bergwanderung
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T2, Bergwandern
GR83 Camí del Nord o del Canigó. 213 km, 10 stages.
This trail is shared by France and Spain, and spans the region Catalunya. The trail starts in France at the foot of Canigou, climbs this Mount Fuji of the Pyrenees, descends into the valley of the Tech and crosses the border somewhere in the Pyrenees mountains. The end is at the Mediterranean Sea, the village of Mataró. You will enjoy the Catalan life, villages and subtropical climate.
In 1939 thousands of Spanish fled their torn homeland and used this path to enter France.
- Tour of the Canigó Hiking Circuit
- A 64-km long tour of Canigó (Canigou), the highest mountain in the eastern Pyrenees, presented by Editorial Alpina on a contoured, GPS compatible map at 1:25,000, with a booklet providing descriptions of its recommended stages.The map has contours at 20m intervals, enhanced by relief shading. The tour which follows sections of the GR10, the HRP... Read more