- Name Alexander MacKenzie Heritage Trail
- Länge von Wanderweg 420 km, 261 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 20 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Bella Coola
- Ende von Wanderweg Quesnel
- Traildino Schwierigkeit SW, Anspruchsvolle Wanderung, Bergwanderung
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T2, Bergwandern
Bella Coola - Quesnel, 420 km, 20 days
This long walk - three weeks - is a wilderness trail along the tracks of the first peoples of British Columbia, the Nuxálk and Carrier people. They used this route for trade. In 1792 Alexander Mackenzie made this trip as the first European.
The trail runs through a diversity of landscapes, from the fjords on the west coast, through the alpine scenery of the South Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, along lakes and through forests. The stage through the South Tweedsmuir Provincial Park – 80 km, 5 to 7 days - is considered to be the most scenic.
Note that this is no easy walk. The route is not marked, and parts are very isolated. Therefore, walking in a group of at least three people and prepare well for it. The terrain and weather conditions may be difficult. An encounter with bears is possible.