- Name GR15 - AE - Ardennes-Eifel (GR15)
- Länge von Wanderweg 793 km, 493 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 40 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Monschau
- Traildino Schwierigkeit MW, Mittelschwere Wanderung mit Rucksack
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T1, Wandern
Ardennes - Eifel, 793 km, (197 km in Belgium)
The AE, or Ardennes-Eiffel trail, connects three countries - Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg - and takes you into the core of two very beautiful low mountain areas: the dense forested Ardennes and the volcanic Eiffel. Officially the GR16 is part of this project, and this trail is running west where it crosses the border with France where it connects to the GR12 to Paris.
The problem is that the three countries involved do not have a common agenda. So you will search in vain for a guidebook for this particular trail. In Luxembourg the trail is still called Ardennes-Eifel, and in Germany the name is Ardennen-Eiffel Rundweg. Like all trails in these countries, you don't have to be afraid to get lost: the marking is good.
The map shows the Belgium part of the trail.
- Henk Nouws Oktober 2011
- Bewertung 8
- Positiv The part we walked, in Luxembourg, was overlooking Vianden. Nice forests and good views.