- Name Harzer Hexenstieg (HHS)
- Länge von Wanderweg 100 km, 62 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 5 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Osterode am Harz
- Ende von Wanderweg Thale
- Traildino Schwierigkeit MW, Mittelschwere Wanderung mit Rucksack
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T1, Wandern
Osterode am Harz – Brocken – Thale, 100 km, 5 days
The former frontier dividing East and West Germany ran through the Harz, one of the prettiest mountain regions in the north of Germany and erstwhile rich gold and silver mining area. The highest mountain in the Harz, Brocken, 1141 m., was on the east side and hosted a forest of antenna's and sniffing devices aimed at the West. The forests on the eastern side were managed less intensively than on the western side. Probably the differences are still noticable. The trail runs from west to east, climbs Brocken and descends into the Bodeschlucht. In 2008, the Harzer Hexensteig was elected the best German trail. Don't forget to visit Goslar or one of the other very old towns on the northern edge of the Harz.
- patacon Oktober 2013
- Bewertung 9
- Positiv My friend and I passed the nights in shelters along the trail. but there is always the opportunity to overnight in a hotel or hostel. The trail is very well maymarked.
- Negativ You don't really have the wilderness feeling because it is a very popular trail. but if you don't go in the hiking season you can find times and parts of the trail without seeing many people.
- Hiker Philly Januar 2013
- Bewertung 8
- Positiv Goed gemarkeerd. Fijne route voor het hele gezin.
- The Harz Witches Trail
- Self Guided trail across The Harz, a magical region famed for fairy tales, witches and legends. One of the “Top Trails of Germany” the Harz Witches Trail long distance walking trail crosses The Harz, a magical region famed for fairy tales, witches and legends. Just a short journey from Berlin the Harz mountains rise from the North German... Read more