- Name Hellismannaleid
- Länge von Wanderweg 55 km, 34 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 3 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Landmannalaugar
- Ende von Wanderweg Rjupnavellir
- Traildino Schwierigkeit MW, Mittelschwere Wanderung mit Rucksack
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T1, Wandern
Hellismannaleid, Landmannalaugar – Rjupnavellir, 55 km, 3 days
From Rjupnavellir, west of mount Hekla, there is a footpath to Landmannalaugar. This path is called Hellismannaleid. You will walk around the northern foothills of the volcano, passing through a beautiful and vast, open landscape, still full of volcanic activity. You'll probably meet few other hikers. There are two huts to stay along the way, and the trail is marked.
From Landmannalaugar starts the popular Laugavegur trail, going south to Þórsmörk. This is quite a busy route. Would you rather walk alone, then the Hellismannaleid is a worthy alternative. Maybe you can even join a group to climb mount Hekla (1491 m, from the end of July).