- Name Slieve Bloom Way
- Länge von Wanderweg 84 km, 52 Meilen
- Länge in Tagen 4 Tage
- Anfang von Wanderweg Glenbarrow
- Ende von Wanderweg Glenbarrow
- Traildino Schwierigkeit MW, Mittelschwere Wanderung mit Rucksack
- Schwierigkeitsgrad Berg- und Alpinwanderung T1, Wandern
Slieve Bloom Way, Glenbarrow - Glenbarrow, 84 km, 4 days
The Slieve Bloom Mountains rise as a solitary bump from the flat interior of Ireland, about 500 m high. The slopes are planted with conifers. So if you dislike plantations, this is not your walk. If you do like the smell of resin and the cold whispering of the wind in the treetops, this is your walk.
The trail encircles the mountain group, crossing some foothills, but mainly staying in the forest and following forest roads. When trees give way, the vistas are pretty.
On route, only Kinnity offers accommodation.